Efforts to understand, improve, or do less harm to the world around me.


___________________

Monday, November 29, 2010

I hate Zimbra (for Mac)

Although the program proved very useful for a long time, after several weeks of not actively using it, I decided to uninstall it. 

This page has a nice uninstall script that didn't work.  Using my tech-jitsu I was able to delete the extra crap, but this was a non-simple process.  (For those that are curious, run script, then move /zimbra folder to /opt where it will mysteriously disappear.)  Someone who was not as technically inclined would still have this huge program still taking up space on their machine.

As a reminder to myself and a warning to the 4 people who might come across this blog entry: make sure you install to the default folder.

No comments: