Efforts to understand, improve, or do less harm to the world around me.


___________________

Monday, January 05, 2009

Creating a better interface

I'm constantly seeing spy movies like the latest 007 and a few years ago with Minority Report featuring remarkable and beautiful user interface tools. Having read up on most spy agencies, I know this is entirely fiction.

Still, Adobe is going to put out something for more easily developing a system interface (warning: people in video are lame). The product is aimed obviously at web developers but I have little doubt it will find its way to your next computer purchase.

This is a nice bridge for designers and artists to move into animation and interface, which is somewhere they usually don't want to go because it involves getting their hands dirty with code and programming. Having worked with both Photoshop and Flash, seeing the almost painfully obvious transition of layers into animation structures was really killer -- that kind painful "why didn't I think of that" moment. This is the first time I've been glad that Adobe bought Macromedia; its a great marriage of Flash with Photoshop/Illustrator.

(Image from gizmodo, thanks to Kim for telling me about this)

No comments: