- PrimoPDF or PDF Creator - two programs that all you to print from any application and send the output to a PDF file. Primo has more options but PDF Creator is open source.
- MyDefrag - Does optimized defragmenting based on daily, weekly, or monthly optimizations.
- TaskSwitchXP - although a newer and prettier version is out, I prefer this one because it uses FAR less memory.
- Google Calendar Sync - so I can check calendar events remotely. The program only Syncs with Outlook, which is fine for me as my calendar software Rainlendar also connects to Outlook.
- Dropbox - backup your files and share them with friends very easily. Also out for Mac.
- Flashfolder - an excellent program that keeps track of recently saved folders and posts a bar above any save dialog to give you more options to organize your files. Awesome. Originally heard about this great program through freewaregenius
- Copernic Desktop Search - the only "desktop search" program among offerings from Google, Microsoft, and others. Note that this program gradually losing ground to portable alternatives Everything and SearchMyFiles as well as the semi-portable DocFetcher
- Send To Toys - when you right-click on an item and choose "Send To" its nice to have some options you'll actually use and the ability to customize them. Found via Lifehacker.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Must-have Windows software (installed)
I'm a strong proponent of portable software and avoid installing anything on my Windows computer. So when I do, its something really important to have.