Efforts to understand, improve, or do less harm to the world around me.


___________________

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Web Desktops

A desktop you can access anywhere is gradually taking off:
  • EyeOS - when I tested this over a year ago, it quickly got on my nerves, but its continued to grow and expand.  Gradually making my way back to it.
  • Spoon.net - Fantastic idea but from the site I can't make heads or tails of how it works or what it is or if its even free.  Clearly a powerful tool for virtualization and browser testing.
  • Meebo.com - just chatting on some 30 different chat networks using a very desktop-style interface.  Its pretty smooth and already well ahead of Yahoo's official web client.
What I'm waiting for is something to come out that's completely seamless.  Use it locally, use it online, download it, whatever.  Never lose any data, never lose functionality.  That's worth a million dollars.

No comments: