Efforts to understand, improve, or do less harm to the world around me.


___________________

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Not on the damn radio

Some plugging for music no one seems to know about:
  • DJ Spyhunter - Powderbreaks - an excellent mix of various different trancy-breaks electronic music - get whole thing for free
  • Hybrid - I Choose Noise - one of my favorite producer groups with some of the finest breaks I've yet heard.  Best album all last year.
  • Colour Revolt - EP - amazing blues-inspired rock album still brings me to tears.  (Ignore their other work.)
  • Mute Math - self-titled - the best in rock.  Sounds a little too conventional for my tastes and so it took a few listens to become a favorite.
  • Pendulum - In Silico - electronic music takes drum and bass into a band setting with amazing results.

No comments: