- Creed - My Own Prison. The video for this song is almost too horrendous to link to. Its like a dog threw up on a velvet painting of a dog throwing up on a velvet painting. I hate most everything by this band.
- Apocalyptica - I Don't Care. I'll admit its catchy and the distortion is excellent, but the repetition ultimately makes it torturous. Don't worry -- he doesn't care about my opinion. He doesn't care. He don't care. He doesn't care. He don't care! (and repeat)
- Blue October - Dirt Room. Like the band -- but the torture/revenge themes just grate on me over time ("I want to cover you in ants, bees and honey then take a picture for the cover of our album"). No thanks. For contrast, here's a GOOD breakup song.
- Matchbox Twenty - Push. The lyrics and repetition ("well I will well I will") drive me fucking batty. Ugh.
- Foo Fighters - Big Me. I like the Foo Fighters, but this song blows. Its a great example of a song made radio-worthy purely by a great music video, and why MTV hurts music as a whole.
David Cross on bad music, especially Creed.