Efforts to understand, improve, or do less harm to the world around me.


___________________

Monday, July 27, 2009

Songs that make me hate life

A list of songs I hope desperately not to hear when I'm somewhere I can't escape.
  • Creed - My Own Prison. The video for this song is almost too horrendous to link to. Its like a dog threw up on a velvet painting of a dog throwing up on a velvet painting. I hate most everything by this band.
  • Apocalyptica - I Don't Care. I'll admit its catchy and the distortion is excellent, but the repetition ultimately makes it torturous. Don't worry -- he doesn't care about my opinion. He doesn't care. He don't care. He doesn't care. He don't care! (and repeat)
  • Blue October - Dirt Room. Like the band -- but the torture/revenge themes just grate on me over time ("I want to cover you in ants, bees and honey then take a picture for the cover of our album"). No thanks. For contrast, here's a GOOD breakup song.
  • Matchbox Twenty - Push. The lyrics and repetition ("well I will well I will") drive me fucking batty. Ugh.
  • Foo Fighters - Big Me. I like the Foo Fighters, but this song blows. Its a great example of a song made radio-worthy purely by a great music video, and why MTV hurts music as a whole.

Related
:
David Cross on bad music, especially Creed.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Lest we forget Nickleback's entire discography.

Anonymous said...

Still more ...

Hold Steady - Sequestered. Its a good song the first time you hear it, but rapidly falls into ugly repetition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7RO0y1-ZAE