Efforts to understand, improve, or do less harm to the world around me.


___________________

Thursday, June 11, 2009

You're doing it wrong

Turns out there's a better way to handle certain movies and music:
  • Play Club Dread from about the middle -- its much funnier without the intro. For some reason the beginning just ruins the film.
  • Start SLC Punk also from about the middle. Otherwise, you already know who the guy with glasses is -- one of the best characters -- and that's not very interesting. Then watch it from the beginning to the middle.
  • Play And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead "Worlds Apart" in reverse order - its much better that way
  • Dune sucked but if you watch the extended edition with an intro about the world and setting, its a great movie. Its NOT short.
  • Haven't tested this but I'm told the 6th star wars movie (episode 3) is good if you just skip past any part with Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman. Because this movie made me bored with light sabers, I don't plan on trying this.
Update:
  • Serenity - just skip the beginning sequence with the dude getting stabbed by falling on the sword. The movie is better without it.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I thought I was the only one who had seen SLC Punk. Everyone else I know has never heard of it.