Efforts to understand, improve, or do less harm to the world around me.


___________________

Monday, March 29, 2010

Movie review: Twilight - New Moon

I don't hate vampire shows; if you ever watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you'll know that it was frequently well written, engaging, and delt with some very real, very heavy topics using a fictional backdrop.

Twilight is almost the complete opposite.  Dialogue so forced, hokey, and cynical its painful to watch.  I only made it about 15 minutes through the film before I became physically ill and had to leave the room.  It doesn't appear to be about anything other than obsession and self-destruction, undoubtedly a part of everyone's adolescence, but not something I wish to relive.

This isn't the worst movie I have ever seen.  Cool World was worse because I kept hoping it would get better and managed to stay through the whole horrid thing.  Fortunately, this time I opened the escape hatch before that plane could explode into the sparkly vampire mountain.

No comments: