- Has lots of stuff you don't need. Live slim for a few years to help build your savings.
- Has lots of serial killers, but they're not frequent in real life. If you have extra space, rent it out. A solid contract and a big deposit will prevent most problems.
- Is where public transportation gets threatened by disasters. These too are rare. Use public transportation in any big city, especially when you travel.
- Portrays Ethnic people poorly (e.g. soup nazi / goofy). Yet somehow Ethnic restaurants are frequently cheaper and just as good.
- Wants you to go to Best Buy or other slick, overpriced gadget hole. Instead, check Craigslist/Freecycle first for almost anything you buy or sell.
- Thinks you need help. Whatever it is, try doing it yourself first before you pay someone else from coffee to losing weight.
Related: Freezer tricks to save $