Efforts to understand, improve, or do less harm to the world around me.


___________________

Monday, March 28, 2016

Rules for online dating (addendum): The First Meeting

A few more to add to my online dating series:

Initial meeting preparation tricks
  • Call everyone via a forwarding number (for example Google Voice) so you can either dispose of the number or use blocking features usually available with such services.
  • Where to meet?  I aim for a location that's halfway between myself and my date where there's a Plan B in case it's obviously not going well (so it wasn't a wasted drive).  I frequently go to a coffee place that's next to a store I really like.  However, it's important to make sure you meet somewhere you don't usually go so there's no chance you'll meet again accidentally.
  • If your date puts off meeting more than once (or is otherwise flaky), request meeting somewhere really convenient for you.

No comments: